Purpose and key points
1. This document sets out:
- the roles and responsibilities of main panels, sub-panels and their members in the Research Excellence Framework assessment
- the criteria and process for recruiting panel chairs and members.
2. This document also invites organisations and associations with an interest in research to nominate candidates for panel membership.
3. Subject associations and other organisations with an interest in the conduct, quality, funding or use of research are invited to nominate candidates to be panel members. Nominations should be completed online at https://survey.hefce.ac.uk/s/REFnominations/ by noon on 20 December 2017.
4. No action is required by HEIs.